The Advancement Manager works to initiate fund development and is responsible for attracting, cultivating, and garnering support from appropriate stakeholders, with a focus on annual and major donors and corporate support. Actively working with the Executive Director and the Program Coordinator, the Advancement Manager will develop an advancement plan that will include fund/campaigns and individual donor development, community engagement/special events, grant/proposal submissions, and communication. The Advancement Manager is responsible for strengthening and diversifying funding sources. The Advancement Manager will support staff and volunteers to ensure a consistent branding and messaging is presented to external audiences.
● BA degree or the equivalent in experiential learning; MA degree or equivalent in experiential learning preferred
● Demonstrated experience with donor relations, fund development, and fundraising strategies
● Experience with donor management systems
● Well-organized, conscientious, detail-oriented, passionate about literacy and/or education, able to multitask, work collaboratively and independently
● Excellent speaking and presentation skills