We are seeking a full-time City Engineer, to perform complex analytical work in providing professional civil engineering, field inspections and capital project management along with budget management, ensuring technical competence and compliance. The position is responsible for managing or reviewing the design and construction of projects involving streets, stormwater, water and wastewaters systems while ensuring compliance to the project’s budget and designated time schedules. The City Engineer will exercise professional judgment in accordance with appropriate laws and codes while reviewing, interpreting and approving plans, specifications and designs. The position will collaborate and work with consultants, inspectors and contractors to successfully complete the design and construction of city projects. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please include Resume to be considered
Skill Sets / Certifications / Degrees Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field and a minimum of five (5) years previous professional civil engineering and project management experience, preferably with a municipality.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Ability to read, understand, compile and translate technical data, construction drawings and specifications
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods applicable to a municipal setting.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.