We are seeking a dedicated Respite Care Professional to provide care to our clients with physical, emotional, or cognitive limitations. The ideal candidate will coordinate care with primary caregivers, provide companionship, and client specific appropriate activities.
To ensure success, the ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in a past similar role and have a working knowledge of CPR and first aid. Our Respite Care Professional will be someone who can be relied upon to perform their duties independently with patience, compassion, and care.
- High School Diploma or GED required; one year certificate (Home Health Aide) or Associate’s degree in Mental Health/Nursing preferred
- At least two years work experience (one year related experience preferred)
- Ability to work with frail elderly persons in their home
Good communication skills and a warm interest in understanding attitudes toward elderly persons
- Ability to form a trusting relationship and adjust to varying home/client situations
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately
- Available for assignment between the hours of 8am-6pm.
Reliable transportation necessary