Copp Systems brings unrivaled capabilities and commitment to building, managing and safeguarding our clients technology infrastructure. The breadth of our expertise and the depth of our bench aren't just unique, they're undergirded by 100 years of innovation and a century of stability and accountability. These qualities enable us not only to provide best-of-breed technology solutions, Copp Systems can proactively monitor, maintain and even unify entire facility systems and IT infrastructure under a single protective umbrella. In so doing, we eliminate headaches, slash expenses, and free up critical resources.
The same qualities we bring to our customers, we bring to our staff and our community. We connect our team within a culture that celebrates individual strengths while uniting us in a shared purpose. It's our mission to serve the larger community by actively cultivating the wealth of talent in our midst. Come join our fast-paced Operations Team as an Estimator and experience our tremendous growth. Although we are ultimately seeking a full-time candidate, we are open to other possibilities including interim.
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will collaborate with sales, service and purchasing to assemble a bill of materials and labor estimate for each pending customer job, by accurately determining the necessary equipment quantities, pricing and labor needed to complete the job according to company and customer expectations.
- Accurately develop bill of materials to include appropriate amount of job-related labor to perform the project
- Work with CAD operator to develop a comprehensive set of drawings for project
- Assist Sales Department in creating sales orders and creating job files for installation/technical staff
- Generate comprehensive project descriptions and scope of work
- Actively monitor the open bid market via local construction resources
- Provide dashboard reports of pipeline of proposals in market and in queue on a timely basis
- Provide sign-off on technical viability of proposals going into market
- Maintain excellent relationships with our key vendors and distributors
- Responsible for surveying the customer job site to obtain information on the system environment prior to bid finalization
- Plan, create and coordinate all production schedules on jobs
- Assist management in monthly forecasting
- Maintain current job plans and specifications
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and services, and control timely delivery
- Prepare each project assembly plan, manage the plan, and prepare and define job procedures
- Maintain delivery schedules and coordinate task scheduling with vendors
- Maintain contracts and monito performance of vendors
- Keep superiors and subordinates informed of progress
- Maintain records of project status, changes, material flow and other control records, and supervise preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use
- Provide information to determine labor and material requirements on a global project basis
- Assist in preparation of base data required for monthly job billing
- Two-year electronics degree or equivalent
- Four plus years related experience
- Working knowledge of communications systems is required
- Industry certifications are a plus - must be willing to work towards certifications
Copp Systems offers an excellent benefits packaging including medical/vision/dental, flexible spending, 401k with company match, PTO, company paid life insurance, and a great place to work!
Copp Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.